from Claire Murray, Creator of the Emotion Works programme and founder of Emotion Works CIC
I’m so excited to be finally launching this website and sharing the Emotion Works programme online.
If you’re already familiar with Emotion Works and find it helpful in your work, I know you’ll be excited too!
There’s online training to watch in your own time; there are over 100 digital resources for you to browse and download; and our growing bank of practice ideas and examples is certain to inspire you towards more successes with Emotion Works. There’s also information about our practitioner and trainer accreditation programmes, including some very helpful case examples from people who’ve been through the process already.
Thanks so much to everyone who contributed to this creation. I’m really very proud of us all!
- an educational resource for emotional learning and literacy
- a visual curriculum with built in progression
- differentiated and inclusive for all learners
- interdisciplinary and useful across many curriculum areas
- applicable in all learning contexts and related fields
- offers meaningful consultation
- theoretically informed and academically endorsed
- comprehensively piloted and practitioner approved
- versatile, practical, fun and engaging
- ‘home grown’ in Scotland so fully mapped to Curriculum for Excellence, supports GIRFEC & the Scottish Attainment Challenge
Emotion Works is a non-profit making social enterprise. The business model is geared towards providing high quality products and services that offer excellent value for money in the field of emotional education. By generating income from the sale of our products and services we are aiming to grow Emotion Works into a sustainable organisation to help us continue our important work.
As a registered ‘Community Interest Company’ (CIC) our finances and activities are monitored annually by a regulatory body to ensure that we are working to address the needs of our community of interest. Our community interest statement is as follows…
Emotion Works is committed to achieving positive outcomes in learning and well-being for all children and young people, and we have a particular interest in working on projects that help improve outcomes for those who face additional challenges due to disability or disadvantage.
As you browse through this website and explore the breadth, depth and quality of our work, I’m sure you’ll find that our package prices are extremely reasonable for the mix of resources, training and support you’ll receive. If you do decide to sign up, thank you for supporting us. It’s a pleasure to have the opportunity to support you, your staff and the children and young people you work with and care for.